Re: Seprafilm

Wed May 11 01:02:16 2005

I had a hyst in January, 2003 and developed massive, dense adhesions from this surgery, apparently from an internal bleed that I suffered as a result of the surgery (I never had any experience with adhesion pain prior to this surgery). In any event, I ended up having a lysis of adhesions 6 months later and my gyn had to convert to a laparotomy because the adhesions were so bad she was afraid she would nick the bowel trying to continue laparoscopically. She used Seprafilm (Unfortunately, Seprafilm is best used in a laparotomy, although some surgeons are finding ways to crumble it and get it through the laparoscope)but my adhesions returned. This site has helped me tremendously because I'm searching for ways to manage my pain by methods other than surgery. I'm apparently one of those folks who simply don't tolerate surgeries well and unless it's an absolute emergency, I don't plan to have any more until and unless there is some miracle substance that has a higher rate of success than what's out there now. I'm glad for those of you that Seprafilm did help, though.

--
Anita

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: