Re: diet for abdominal & intestinal adhesion pain

Sun Jun 5 18:22:34 2005

I am no doctor, and doctors are supposed to know the answers to all these issues, however, some things leaned are below, but before you do anything make sure you ok it with your doctor...:

Many with adhesians have to eat is soft foods... some have found if you go to the health food store, or if you have a Whole Foods in your area, you can purchase dry power of rice, whey, soy, dried vegetables, etc...and if you get Rice Milk with Vanilla, and if you get smooth almond type butter, and if you add 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of cinnomum (sp) and whatever else you want or your body can tolerate, you can throw it in a blender and it tastes ok... and you will be full & receive necessary nutrients daily.

Some also make homemade soups where everything is SOFT... like a hamburger potato soup, and Chicken & homemade noodles, but notice all is cooked very soft...

A secret weapons is Nature's Herbs, Aloe Vera mild stimulant laxative, for any time a person senses that something is not functioning right which means there could be a small bowel blockage coming, it usually shows up in about 3 to 6 hours with a lot of pain, the bowel won't move at all, blocked......

Now if you have been through enough small bowel blockages, like in the hospital for 10 days with a tube down your throat, you learn real quick to stop these things and not have to go to hospital... just one of the Inner Leaf Aloe Vera mild stimulant... do not have to take them often... and most all the time the blockage is caught right a way and within 6 hours things pass just fine through the bowels...

Some have had to learn to live one day at a time... if people would ever have known what surgeries do, many would not have permitted the doctors to ever have done any surgeries on them... but it is too late now... and many are stuck with dealing with the horror after these surgeries.

Adhesians are mentioned at times before surgery, but you do not have the full understanding of how your life will change so much, almost like survival... mode.

As stated, medical doctors are the ones who are supposed to know all the answers here, but this is a free sharing chat area for adhesians...

At Thu, 26 May 2005, pam wrote: >
>hello all,
>I am brand-spanking new to the world of adhesions.
>On good Friday, 2005, I had a tubal ligation and masses of scar tissue
>were discovered in my abdominal cavity. No prior surgeies whatsoever
>on this 40 year old body although my mom has been diagnosed with
>Krohn's disease since I was eight. I am at the initial discovery level
>of this process and am finding it dificult to eat without suffering
>pain afterwad.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: