Dr. Gerhart

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Fri Jun 24 19:24:35 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Jeanne Aughenbaugh Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 9:11 AM Subject: Dr. Gerhart

Jeanne,

I had 2 surgerys with Dr. Gerhart. May and Sept. of 2004.

Today I am on dealing with pain management (Duragesic patch 200, elavil 50mg, cymbalta 6 0mg). This seems to keep me comfortable and functioning. I also have to take lax. every other day. I am extermely tight with the adhesion at this point.

My massage therapist has quit her practice and I have not found anyone since. I am nausea most of the time, and it seems that every few days I am so sick with pain and nausea that my dr. and I think I am working on an obstruction so I stay with soft to liquid diet.

In simple words I am doing the same thing as everyone else. I will say this, my doctor and I have discussed my treatment for the future, if I ever get as sick as I did three years ago when this started (they had to open me) I will first try the ng tube at my local hospital and if that does not work I will go to Dr. Gerhart for surgery, it will be my last resort. I chose him not because he can cure me, but because he is the only one I know that will not slice me open which causes more adhesions.

Same old Same old story.

Jeanne A.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: