had surgery-please help

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Wed Jul 27 20:55:19 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of CHRISTINE JAMES Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:09 AM Subject: Re: had surgery-please help

Dear Anna I know exactly how you feel - I am 32 and have had severe pain from adhesions for the last five years or so. I've had a hysterectomy to try to remove them, but they're back with a vengeance. I hate using codeine simply to cope with trying to lead a normal life (not that that's possible, really), but I have no option. Going without it is unthinkable.

I also don't know what to do or how to cope with the thought that there's nothing can be done. I keep thinking that there has to be something simply because it's the only thing keeping me going.

I can't offer any solutions, I don't have any. But I hope that it helps even a little to know that someone knows exactly how you feel. I'm young and have a long time to have to live with this, too. And I have two small children (6 and 4) and trying to be a normal mum for them is next to impossible, which makes me feel incredibly guilty.

The only possible advice I have to offer is try another surgeon. I did and I have one now who has agreed to further surgery (and believe me, I've had alot already!). I know it's drastic for a short term solution, but last time it gave me twelve months almost pain free, even without codeine.

It's not much, but from where I'm sitting it's something.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you wish. Best of luck, anyway. Cristyn

-------Original Message-------

Sender: annam1006@aol.com (anna merry) Subject: had surgery-please help

had my cone biopsy today they did a hystoscopy while i was under the GA and they okayed all my reproductive bits-cyst has gone thankfully so they said- it must be adhesions so we no longer need to see u apart from the smear point of view.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: