Re: Usage of Barriers for Adhesions

Tue Aug 2 21:16:23 2005

Melissa,

Methadone IS used to help addicts get over the addiction, but it is a narcatic & also used to treat pain. It is one of those meds that keep a constant amount of meds in your system. When you are taking the Dilauded, do you take it regularly, or is it just for when you need it? For me, Dilauded never helped. Even though it is morphine, it doesnt seem to do a thing for me. I seem to work better on percocet, or anythign in that family. Then again, each person is different.

Have you ever been on meds as a preventative med? Have you taken some medicine on a steady basis to try to avoid pain? Also, what does your doc want to give you for breakthrough pain? I dont think I would be able to function at all without my fentanyl patch, which is a different form of a preventative medicine. For me, I would rather have the patch on than take pills. Then again, you have to be on high doses of narcatics constantly in order to even be considered for the fentanyl patch. For anyone who is always on narcotics I would definately reccommend the fentanyl patch as a good start.

As far as what meds YOU should take, I think that is for you to decide, with your pain management guy. Narcatics work differently for each person, & as long as you are responsible about them & dont over use them, they are the only way I know of to releive pain. Also, meds that work for you at one time dont necessarily work for you at a different time. That is why it doesnt hurt to change your meds every so often.

Please let me know what you decide & how you are doing.

Hope you have a pain free day.

--
Rach

At Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Melissa Price wrote: > >Thank you, Rach. I think from here on out until surgery again will get >worse day by day. I am now eating very little, and when I do I am in allot >of pain. 2-3 vicatin, Muscle relaxers, Zanax, I take 12 different pills a >day and some twice. A

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: