(New to posting) Need help with pain/life.

Tue Aug 9 21:04:18 2005

I've been dealing with abd.adhesions for about 6 years now. I've been in and out of the hospital having many surguries to explore and remove organs to "help" with the pain. Each time I am druged up on IV narcotics and can hardly function.

I am the main support for my family (husband and daughter) and have been out of work for 2 months. I am so frustrated and depressed and in such pain.

Right now I am travelling 2 hrs to a pain management center to get "Triger Point Injections" of Bubivicaine directly into my abd., which help make the pain barable for a couple of days, and twice a week to physical therapy for deep tisue masage and I do abd. stretches on a big exercise ball every day. Long term this has worked in the past. I take lots of tylenol and motrin, muscle relaxants, antidepresant, and at times dilauded pills. I just stay in constant pain.

Is there anyone out there that can write me about how you can function in life/work and what you take for the pain that doesn't alter you mentally? Also how do you deal with all this and not get totally depressed? Please help! -Lynette

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: