What to do???

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Aug 14 21:31:16 2005

I had the buring and pulling and difficulty breathing after laproscopic gallbladder surgery, it started as a sort of pulling/spasming feeling and progressed.

Over the enxt few months the pain and buring got a lot worse. I also had all the tests. The thing is if it is something else internal it needs to be treated so avoiding all tests is not a great idea.

I went through 15 docs MRI, CT etc. wiht nothing showing up, rahter late in the game, one of the new docs started demanding to knwo why the basic work-ups a(blood ultra sound) weren't done. There are a number of things that could be causing your problem and that don't show on CT. Some are life threatening so I urge you make sure you ahve gotten the (often overlooked) basic tests done-bloodwork to check liver funciton and infection, check to be sure they didn't drop or miss a stone (the stones can be trapped in the ducts that remain) an ultrasound should do that.

If you're negative for that, my problem was isolated to "nerve pain/damage" via some trigger point injections. No one would positively confirm that the adhesions were causing the nerve pain without doing surgery (which I refused) but I've had it treated as such and its helping.

First, thoguh, you need to make sure its not stones, bile leak, liver damage etc most of which the blood work and ultra sound could do. It was a pain mangement doc who did the trigger point work and if you can, ask for that next.

I want to say my pain was not severe but it was very much interferring with my life. I coudlnt' work full days, coudln't return to regular workouts, couldn't even walk very far. THere's no reason to feel guilty about looking for help or seeking to feel better. Since its not severe jsut be careful about what you consent to, always trade off what possible complications are.

-christine

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: