Re: Kidney pain and endometriosis

Sat Aug 20 10:55:48 2005

Hi - I too have endometriosis, for 20 years. I've had 2 laparoscopies, one to remove small cysts 4cms in diameter. I've had 1 Laparotomy to remove 2 cysts, on from each ovary both 8cm and 9cm in diameter and had ovarian reconstruction. I've had diathermy to remove endo from my bladder and bowel. I've been on Danazol (17 years of age and didn't know any better then. Trusted the doctor) and Chinese Herbs. I am now 36 and have an acute kidney infection. So my curiosity has me searching for a link between endo and UTI's.

I now have a 2cm cyst on my left ovary and recently had an ectopic pregnancy. The ectopic was in the left tube - the mass (6 weeks with a heartbeat) was removed and the ovary saved, although now it gives me so much pain that I wonder if it was worth it.

I have relocated to WA and am due to see my new Gynae next week.

I have hope that new treatments are being developed all the time. And I feel that a miracle occurred in being able to conceive at all - after years of trying not to feed the belief that I possibly couldn't have a child I was very happy that I did conceive and of course very unhappy that I wasn't able to carry the child. My tubes are scarred but my pouch of douglas is clear. I am hoping that this new Gynae can assist my husband and I in having a baby.

Chronic endo is a life sentence of pain management. It affects sufferers emotionally, mentally and as we know physically. We have no real understanding of where it comes from or how it appears in our bodies. I have been down every path I could find in order to heal this affliction. I, my husband too, have good days and bad days and unfortunately at the moment the good days are fewer inbetween. I think also at the moment am a little depressed with this acute kidney infection, so apologies if this note reads glum.

If anyone has experience with endo and kidney pain I would like to hear from you. Love Mandi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: