Adhesions & Barrier Protections

Tue Aug 23 22:07:05 2005

I was in a car accident in 1988; large & small intestines were punctured, bowels were punctured. Since then, 11 different major surgeries were I was cut up and down from the breast area to the groin. Each time adhesions formed and choked the blood flow from my bowels; blocked food in my intestines and even formed around my son when I was pregnant. I have since had a hysterectomy (complete) and 3 additional major surgeries - all for adhesion removal. In July of this year, my doctor suggested using a thin jelly like paper that hardens after being placed. He's hoping I will not need surgery for at least 5 years this time. It has been 5 weeks since the surgery and the barrier paper inserted but I am now in more pain than before the surgery. I just left my surgeons office this morning (after having spent 9 hours in the E/R yesterday) only to have his office tell me I'm having "spasms" in my stomach and prescribe yet another medicine to take. I did not see my surgeon as he was out of town but one of his associates. I am so afraid that on Thursday when I have to see my surgeon, he's going to tell me I'm still having stomach spasms and that's that.

If anyone has had this new "adhesion paper inserted" please let me know. I've been at my wits end for years with the constant pain and the thought of having a "new" pain is more than I can stand.

Thank You.

--
Karyn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: