Re: At my wits end

Thu Aug 25 21:08:24 2005

Melody, my goodness, i have read your post, and the women in reply to yours, and i CAN NOT BELIEVE that with SO MANY of us out there in EXTREME PAIN, NO ONE IS LISTENING or doing anything to help!

I too have had 2 surgeries, for removal of adhesions, and am on my way to another.

Symptoms: vomiting, weight-loss (40+lbs), extreme pain, nausea, loss of appetite, loss of sleep, loss of social life, loss of wages, should i go on?!

I now have actual "physical", you can see it by the naked eye, proof of adhesions: as in a dent in my left side, under my ribcage. The adhesions are back, and my last surgery was March 29th of this year....

The doctor i was referred to just recently, a Gatero, basicly said (say it with me) "it's all in your head". I am waiting to see what further tests he will come back with, but he basicly said he wouldn't do anything since i just have IBS (what a band-aid diagnosis that has become, in my humble opinion), and that i was just going to have to seek other forms of treatment to continue a better life... as in a psychologist. Now i know, as all of you do, that chronic pain that goes with this does cause depression, geez, yank anyone's day to day life away, throw them into pain, vomiting, etc, and see how they react... but come on... i know that there has to be a way to reach a Doctor who knows what kind of pain this is, what this does to a person, what this does to a family, and what this does to the body...

I too with there was a way to form a support group to acutally talk to someone, because i know my family, boyfriend, and coworkers are sick of hearing it, at least that is how i feel.

I wish you all the best, i wish you better days, and i hope you find someone who will listen (as in a doctor), in the mean time, we all will here! When you do find that great doctor, let the rest of us know their number!!! *smile*

--
Michelle

At Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Melody wrote: > >I hope there is someone out there that can relate. I originally found >out about my adhesions when I went in for a hysterectomy (due to chronic >abdominal pain). My small intestine was stuck to my lower abdominal >wall. They had to do a resection prior to the hysterectomy. 8 months >later, had a laparatomy for adhesion lysis. That was this past January. >By March I was in severe pain again and off work for the third time in >18 months.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: