Re: Endometriosis, pain, adhesions,etc..

Fri Sep 2 18:21:19 2005

Tami,

I am sure most of the adhesions sufferers started after the children were born. I had my daughter and was fine then I had my son and it all began. My major pain started 1 month after my son was born due to a total abdominal hysterectomy. I too feel guilty but I have to remind myself this is the way they know me. I am lucky enough to be able to get up and go places with them but as for running around and things like that, well they know it doesn't happen. If I am in bed because of pain, they know mommy doesn't feel good and her belly hurts. So, we play a computer game together (I am lucky enough to have a laptop and my children have a desktop) we usually play toontown on the computer. Or they get a game and we play in my bed or watch a movie in my room with popcorn. My children are now 10 and 5. I hope that maybe some of the things my children and I do you can do. If not, there is always the cuddle game. Where they are your teddy bear and you just hug the stuffing out of them. :). Children are resilient and as long as you talk to them and don't shut them out. Let them know you don't feel good. Teach them simple things and maybe they can help take care of you when you need it.

But I wouldn't trade a thing now. I love them so much and would do anything I could for them and they know it. I feel that if you give your child all the love and support you can, they will be fine. Maybe even more compassionate then the average kid. It felt good when my son's preschool teacher told me he has a pure heart. He is very compassionate and tries to help others.

Good luck

Ann Marie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: