>IN THE PAST 3 YEARS ALONE I HAVE HAD THREE SURGERIES, COLON RESECTION
>DUE TO CANCER, A YEAR LATER TO EXPLORE AREA OF CONSTANT PAIN, AND THIRD
>IN JULY FOR HERNIA. I AM NOW HAVING SOME REALLY SHARP, AND PULLING PAIN
>IN MY ABDOMINAL AREA AROUND AND BELOW MY INCISION. I HAVE SEEN MY LOCAL
>DR., BY THE WAY I WORK IN THE DR'S OFFICE. I CAN ALREADY SEE THE LOOKS
>THAT IT IS ALL IN MY HEAD. HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE ADHESIONS AND CAN
>THEY CAUSE GASTIC TROUBLE SUCH AS GAS AND EXTREME CRAMPING. WHAT DO ANY
>OF YOU RECOMMEND FOR THE PAIN. ITS NICE TO KNOW OTHERS ARE OUT THERE
>WITH THE SAME TROUBLE AND THAT I AM NOT CRAZY.

Hi....I too have had multiple abdominal surgeries. I had an appendectomy in 1980, suffered from endometriosis, and was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in Feb. 04. My cancer was diagnosed at Stage 1 and was removed intact (11 cm)and I was discharged 4 days later. Unfortunately, my colon ruptured after 3 days at home, I developed sepsis, had a heart attack, was in a coma for 10 days and awoke with an illeostomy-no, I am not making any of this up and I was 52 at the time. The count-3 surgeries in 4 months, 3 chemos, and the cancer is in remission. The ostomy has been reversed-that was 3rd surgery and I am grateful. However, the pain, gas and bloating I am now experiencing is hard to endure. I had no pain after my cancer surgery and this pain is disheartening as I am continuing to improve in other areas. I have found that if you can find a massage therapist who does DEEP TISSUE massage and is willing to work on the abdominal area-IT WILL HELP. I do this every 2 weeks. I also take small quantities of Advil when needed; I take a stretching class and stretch regularly. If you are like me, the pain is scary-we never really get over the fear of it (cancer) coming back. Ovarian cancer has such vague symptoms-fatigue, bloating, gas, diahrrea, low back pain AND adhesions seem to mimic some of them. My gynecological oncologist believes in adhesions, acknowledges that I indeed do have them and says what I am doing is the only non-surgical prevention. I know mine have "broken" up via the massages. Sorry for the length of this, do hope you know you are not alone and hope that some of this might help you. Take care.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: