SSN Disability - Follow My App Step By Step

Tue Nov 8 22:08:53 2005

I thought I would chronologically detail the entire SSN Disability process with everyone as I experience it. Maybe you can learn something with my journal of my experience to prepare yourself when and if you ever apply.

I applied for SSN Disability on Sept 27th online.

The only correspondence I have had is one phone call to complete the application, a request for my birth certificate to be brought into local office and............

3 weeks into process, I received a 3 page questionnaire relating to pain management. This questionnaire was 9 questions. I saved the questions for the group here and will post them if you like.

Basically, they are inquiring to how pain management affects your bathing, cooking, cleaning, shopping, standing, sitting, bending over and your favorite activities [side effects etc]. They gave me 10 days to return it back to the State office, so this tells me my case is out of my local city chapter [Florida].

My point is pain management documentation and documentation of medical records is critical. I sent them all my records even tho I had to submit 13 medical release forms signed for them to use to acquire records.

I was pleased they sent me a pain management questionnaire. They requested this to better understand the disease according to the cover letter.

I will detail every step of my application, I wish somebody had done this before :-)

I am on 5 mg/Oxycodone 3-4 tabs a day times years, not the best pain meds but I do not want to get into stronger stuff since pain management is something I will have the rest of my life....I am 49.

My diagnosis is adhesions, partial bowel obstructions and (2) colon fistula's which are a result of decades of surgery and bowel manipulation to release adhesions. I am inoperable at this point.

Will keep you updated, if anyone has any thing to add to help the group, please post your experiences with SSN disability :-))

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: