Re: Anyone had a CTScan?

Sun Nov 13 22:53:56 2005

Becky,

I have had several CT scans. Basically it can go 2 ways. you may or may not have to drink something for the test. I have had to drink something for all but 1 of them.If you have to drink something, they give you drink number 1 about an hour before. Sometimes they will ask you what flavor you would like (ice tea, lemon or fruit). In my experience if you drink it fast it won't be as bad. The slower I drank it the harder it was. No matter what flavor you try it is terrible. You will get 2 more drinks within that hour. Good news you can go to the bathroom, no need to hold it in. (I was so relieved when I found that one out, lol). Then basically you go in, lay on a table. The machines that have been used on me, when you look directly at them they look like a giant O. Feet first into the O. Put hands above head and you will be moved into the O. The O will tell you to hold your breath and to breath normally. They take pictures which is about 5 minutes maybe then they stop, a doc comes in and gives you an IV in your arm they take a few more pics, then you are done. The IV is only if you had the drink.

Drinking is a lot longer then the actual test. I was amazed how fast the test is. Bring something do read or a puzzle book just in case you have to drink. No reason to be bored while drinking. ;).

Hope that helps and eases your mind. Sorry so wordy. Good luck

Ann Marie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: