Kathy

Mon Nov 14 21:35:05 2005

Hey Kathy, Welcome to the list, and thank you for sharing. I'm 54 and heading for belly

laperotomy number 7 with no free space and fistulas from intestine to skin, but not nearly the problems you've had. Good grief, I sure feel for you, been there and done most of that. I've had systemic fungus also, osteomyelitis and septicemia from the hospital staff's poor technique. I'm on duragesic and actiq. Lately, they don't seem to be working very well,

and I think my tolerance is really getting to be too much. I'm on 75 mics of

the duragesic and 600 mics q 3-6 hours for the Actiq....too much! I just called my PMD today to discuss a more comprehensive treatment. I've heard about the pump from another friend, and am wondering if that might not be the answer for me too. From what my friend says, he is controlled with less medication than he had before since it's used in smaller doses, but more frequently. I'm sure interested. I hope you don't mind, but I'm thinking of copying your email and having my doc read your part about the pump. It never hurts to make these docs aware, hey? Rebecca

>----- Original Message -----
From: "International Adhesions Society" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 10:08 PM Subject: Introduction from Kathy > I just wanted to introduce myself to the list.
> My name is Kathy and I have adhesions that were
> initially caused by a ruptured appendix. As with
> most of you on the list, I went through the usual
> poor treatment by doctors, the suspicion that it
> was all in my head, being treated like a dishonest
> drug seeker, etc.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: