Re: Accupuncture for Adhesions?

Sat Nov 19 20:39:29 2005

Dear Shelva, Been there, done that!! At one point, I did go to an accupuncturist. I can't remember when it was, but a few years ago. I was very hesitant because of my fear of needles. But I figured I tried everything else, so why not give it a try. As I laid on the table with him sticking needles in everywhere, It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I told him it didn't help with my abdominal pain and he pinched a place on my ear that did help. He put a little bb type thing on it and said to massage it when I had pain. Well it did take the pain away while I was massaging it, but the pain returned as soon as I quit. It was kind of nice to be with out pain for a few seconds, until I rubbed a blister on my ear. Also he told me that people don't really have green eyes, that the reason my eyes were green was because I was "backed up". For a while, my husband teased me because he always knew I was "full of it." He also told me to go to the local health food store to pick up a few things. He told me I needed to take something to help take the toxins out of my system to cleanse me. And Rice milk. I got a couple of different flavors of the rice milk, vanilla and chocolate. I really didn't mind the vanilla, but I really liked the chocolate. As far as the cleansing went, it took out all my depression meds, and my pain meds out of my system. I was in bad shape then. I quit taking the stuff he recomended. I was in horrible pain and suicidal. My husband ended up taking me to the hospital only to find out our insurance didn't cover in hospital mental health. He ended up taking several days off from work to be with me 24/7 until I was feeling better. I think that you have to becareful of what you take, even if it is natural stuff. Of course one thing comes to mind, that has been said many many times on this site, everyone is different, what works for one may not work for another and what didn't work for one, may work for the other. robin

At Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Shelva wrote: >
>I've got a question for everyone...my Dr. has recommended using
>accupuncture as a method of pain management. Has anyone used this? I'm
>willing to try anything at this point, but I have reservations. To me,
>this is something that may help in the interim, but it won't stop the
>adhesions from growing and spreading. If anyone has had experience with
>accupuncture, please let me know how you made out. Thank you!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: