Dealing with the pain?

Sun Nov 20 06:31:14 2005

I am finally at the point where I am on narcotics daily to try to deal with the pain of my adhesions. My general dr. has sent me onto a general surgeon for a consult. I'm having a problem staying as active as I need to be at work and at home right now. I can't even get into see the surgeon for a little over 30 days. So does this mean I just keep taking narcotics until then? What a joke! These tend to wipe me out or just make me crabby. Anyone else have problems with taking pain meds? I've taken a ton of them before and now am taking Darvocet and the ding dong assistant dr. gave me something called Voltaren but I have difficulty taking NSAIDS so I am actually avoiding those. The side effects alone look horrible. I can't see how this other dr. (standing in while mine is on vacation) would think a NSAID would be more effective than say a narcotic on pain. I don't think that he knows what he is doing. My pain is getting worse by the day and my appetite is decreasing and the vomiting and naseau is increasing I don't know if I'll last during the busy season at work. I'm a manager and up for promotion so I can't call out sick or ill. Just wouldn't look good. My friend at work keeps telling me that I need to take care of myself and to heck with bloody work. I don't happen to agree. I'm a pretty stong opinionated person and I don't have any other income. I have to work or I can't afford to have the surgery.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: