short bowel due to adhesions

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Nov 20 06:41:23 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Eva Thomas Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:16 PM Subject: short bowel due to adhesions

Hello all, this is Eva. I write every once in a while. Been mostly reading posts lately. There were some, literally, gut- wrenching and sad stories posted. Being an adhesion/ bowel obstruction/ nicked bowel/ small bowel resection with byepass/ short gut syndrome person myself, I wanted to let everyone know that I am thinking of them a lot and I wish everyone here well.

My last 2 surgeries for blockage and adhesions were just this summer. I'm thankful for this group. My surgeon used Seprafilm the 2.time around. It should have dissolved by now. So far so good. I'm experiencing some variable pulling and pain especially in my right upper abdomen (under my ribs) and other locations. Nothing too painfull, but it's there. I was blocked again 3 weeks after the 1. surgery (where they had to remove 120 cm of terminal ileum) with massive adhesions to the abdominal wall and sections of my colon. They could not be freed up savely, so I ended up with a byepass and leftover unusable small bowel.

This left me with dumping syndrome and short bowel syndrome. Since I read a few posts of people having similar problems and problems with bacterial overgrowth, I wanted to let you know that there is a good forum on these syndromes at the Yahoo Groups. Perhaps they can help people here with some of their problems as well. Just type in "short bowel syndrome". Worth a try.

Jed, you seem to be a gem of a husband. Your wife is very lucky. Take care Eva

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: