Re: SSN Disability - Follow My App Step By Step

Sun Dec 25 13:27:53 2005

At Wed, 21 Dec 2005, jangens@impishnet.com wrote:

Your quite welcome, and you were a blessing to remind me to give another update:

Here is the chronological chain of events so far:

9/27/05 - applied for SSN via SSN website 9/29/05 - Phoned me to drop of med record release forms at local office 10/7/05 - Phoned me for application questions, requested birth certificate 10/20/05 - Sent me 9 questions, how pain meds affect my life 12/15/05 - Phoned me asking what Doc is the key Doc in my management

I was denied SSI because I had more than $2000 in assets and they do not include your home or car. I have a dear friend who is financially supporting me and her deposits in my acct put me over the $2K rule.

SSN told me I put together one of the most organized packet of records which is my evidence. I assembled all my records dating back to 1976.

Last Tues, I met with my colon-rectal surgeon who never operated on me. He is the end of my line, once he said I was inoperable this ended my management. I needed a letter from him and was afraid of how in depth I needed him to be. To my surprise he got psyched, hyper and boisterous and was biting at the chomp to tell SSN exactly how ARD is disabling and wants to see me win this case.

OMG..........years and years of Docs being insensitive, years and years of heartbreak tears from the abuse and lack of care for ARD patients and now at my critical turn with SSN this Soc is Rambo the warrior to see I win my case?

I was in tears, for once I did not have to beg and plead my case to be believed.

The great news, SSN called me hours after my appt to ask me what Doc carries the most weight in my management. I was so proud to say, Dr. Tolland Port Orange Florida....

SSN told me once they get his letter which is what ARD is, how it interferes, how our disease is complex and unique and cannot be defined black or white etc...they said they will expedite the evidence to the Doctor who is rating me at SSN.

Yet, met a patient at office who was in hospital for week for bowel absess and needs colon removal. She wanted to apply for SSN disability, and he said No.

I am anxious to get his letter and will post it here. We need to help each other, and maybe his medical opinion letter can be useful to this community.

Happy Holidays and Know You Are Loved!

-Ms. Lee

>I know it's been quite a while since you posted the
>Disability info, but I wanted to thank you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: