7th surgery done

Sun Dec 25 13:29:01 2005

Hi all, I'm back from my 7th surgery. The did another resection and went lower this time, and lysed adhesions as well. I'm still on pain management, thank goodness, and it's working fine, as before.I sure don't know what I would have done without the Duragesic, the Actiq, and now the morphine pump. That's really sad that some adhesions sufferers get no help. That only proves that the doctors are not working on behalf of the person with adhesion pain. That's inexcusable. I'm now going to the pain management clinic down at Cedar Sinai Medical Center, where I just had surgery, and they have a whole section of patients who are in pain management just for adhesion pain. I've never seen so many adhesion sufferers in one place. They

all have either the pump, or Duragesic and Actiq. The doctor I'm seeing wants me to get back on the Actiq as soon as I'm weaned down on the pump so I don't have to go through withdrawals. Right now, I'm fighting with the insurance company to cover the Actiq. It's $537.00 for a box of 30, and they're taken every four to six hours. Therefore, one box only lasts 5-6 days. When I pick up an order, it's for three boxes and the cost is $1,611.00. The pharmacy refused to even accept my prescription because the insurance was giving them such a hard time. I really don't want to go back on them since they're so expensive, but I'm not sure I'll be able to tolerate the pain without anything. I was hoping that this surgery would get

rid of the adhesion pain, but so far, that hasn't been the case. I have started having liquids make it all the way through, though, which is great for me. I was chronically obstructed before the surgery. At least I don't have that pain too....that's really bad!

Hope you're all able to at least enjoy your families and Christmas to a degree! I'll be thinking of the group and wishing the best for you all....I'll send up prayers as well. Reba

>----- Original Message -----
> Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 11:51 PM
> Subject: Re: tired of doctors and no answers
>
> Doctors vary from where you are located. In the
> Boston area, many doctors Know about adhesions yet do
> Nothing about them. Pain Management is fruitless and
> a big wasted of time, I tried it. My doctor had past
> patients with adhesions and he told me that he tried
> EVERYTHING, to no avail.
>

Enter keywords: