New to forum

Fri Apr 14 22:11:32 2006

I have been reading these messages, and thought I was the only one that was going through this awful pain. I too have had many surgeries on my belly and have adhesions. I went in 3 yrs ago and had the adhesions removed and low and behold, about 6 months ago, pain was back with a vengence. I have back problems as well...so I am in a lose, lose situation. There are days when I feel like just throwing in the towel. I went to the general surgeon again yesterday, and he doesn't feel "comfortable" going in and removing the adhesions. He said the risks are too high...I said......."ok, so if you don't go in and take them out then I my bowels rupture......and if you do, maybe you will run into complications. I feel like I am being pulled at both ends." He just shook his head and said, "I don't know". I felt like crying. I have been in such severe pain mostly with my bowels. I have problems sleeping at night because of the pain. I have problems with positioning myself for pain relief. I feel there is nothing that helps. I am confused. What do I do??? I know everyone here is in the same boat....so what do I do???????? I have a family to take care of and I can't much anymore. My pain gets in the way of my hobbies as well. Life feels like it is coming to a close....:(

--
Stephanie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: