Re: Hernia Surgery adhesions

Mon May 1 23:11:45 2006

Hi Susan - I have this! I never thought I would find someone who had a similar experience to mine!

I had an umbilical hernia, which was not repaired, 4 years ago. In short, I had my gall bladder removed after losing 40 lbs in 3 months because I could not eat - like you. I did have small bile ducts, and the surgeon found unexpected adhesions in my abdomen. she separated them, and after my post surgical infection, I recovered pretty well, but still always had pain to varying degrees. it seems as though adhesions have grown bac, because I have had worsening and constant pain again for a year and a half now. the pain with bm is more recent for me, but I could lose a whole day at work because of that.

its a drag that basic functions of life are so hard. I make sure to take my pain medications around those most painful times. i endure the pain to eat most times - I eat many small meals in a day also. Try to make sure you are getting appropriate nutrition.

I have no great answers, and i am still looking for folks to help - I see a new surgeon next week. just know you are not alone. i find that most docs don't really take the umbillical or bm thing seriously.

cheers, Holly

At Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Susan wrote: >
>Did anyone here have adhesions really bad after umbilical and incisial
>lap mesh surgery.Since my surgery last June 30th,food seems to get
>stuck.In fact everything seems to get stuck.BM's included.Up rather
>high.Above umbilical repair.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: