SSA Disability -DENIED!

Wed Jul 5 16:00:08 2006

I applied for social security disability Aug 27, 2005.

I applied for 100% Service Connected Un-Employability with Veterans Administraion on Aug 25th, 2005.

April 2006 - Veterans granted me 100% disability & unemployability.

May 2006 - Social Security denied my claim knowing the VA found me unemployable.

Ironic how one part of the Gov't finds you unable to work & unemployable, and another part of the Gov't tells you to go find a job.

Had to get attorneys, Yes the kind that take 25% of the retro, $5300 max. They did the paper war for appeal at the end of May. We expect to be denied again, and then look forward to going before the Judge.

I was in shock that SSA would make this statement I can still work at a job I last had [computer online]. The VA disability prohibits me from working, and I cannot be reliable anyways this is why I cannot get or hold a job. Yet given that, SSA still feels I have the ability to earn..

Argh, all a game and I was told they are tough on under 50 folks due to the abuse of the SSA system. They get tons of applicants trying to beat the system, so they drag the process out typically to wait you out. IF you hold on until the Judge see's you [15-24 months later], and your still not working, you tend to win.

I know I am going to win eventually. But nobody expected SSA to turn me down when the Veterans Admin rendered me un-employable, and SSA was given this VA decision before they ruled.

Was told at the start, if you win VA, SSA will approve, if you win SSA first the VA will approve. Nope.

At least the VA disability check covers all my bills, does not leave me much but at least I will not lose my house waiting on SSA.

It just frustrates me I have live with this financial stress for another year until we can reverse this decision. This was a no brainer for SSA....so we thought...*sigh*.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: