Surgery In August-Thanks for your responses

Sun Jul 9 19:39:40 2006

Thanks to everyone that responded to my message about my upcoming fifth surgery in August to remove adhesions. To answer the question that a couple of you asked about barriers--yes, I do believe that this surgeon will be using barriers. I've had a total of five barriers used during my last four surgeries, and they were all Interceed. From what I understand, the barriers (Interceed) only last for a little while after surgery, then they eventually get absorbed by the body. I did hear that Seprafilm barriers last much longer, but that the only way to place them is through an open surgery. As I said, my Dr. is dead set against an open surgery. He feels that he can, "fix" the adhesion problem laparoscopically, since he has had so much experience with patients with severe adhesions. This Dr. was recommended to me by the Ob/Gyn that performed three out of four of my surgeries, and has an excellent reputation. (He actually won the "golden laparoscope" award three years in a row! Imagine an award like that!!) Have any of you had the Seprafilm barrier used and had success with it? Thanks again to everyone for their advice.

Feel better!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: