Re: My Surgery

Mon Jul 31 20:05:27 2006

Tina,

I know you wrote this a couple of years ago. Could you tell me how you are doing today. My son has bowel blockages from previous surgeries and know he has difficulty that may lead to having another surgery. Please let me know how you are doing and maybe the name and phone number of that doctor.

Thank you.

--
Janet Cooper

At Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Tina Shelby wrote: > >Hi all, > >I just thought I would drop you a line and let you know about the >surgery I had. As most of you know I've had 12 abdominal surgeries from >complications from adhesions. This past year, things became so much >nore unbearable. The pain was very hard to control and many er trips >were made for evaulation. Sometimes an obstruction would show up >sometimes not. I have many (9) CT scans in this area (TN)that all came >back "normal" I went back to a surgeon who I had seen in the past who >looked at my x-rays and said that I would have to have surgery - either >electively under the best of circumstances or emergent under the worst >of circumstances as I was at risk of my colon rupturing. But before he >wanted to do anything - he sent me to a GI doc to see if there were any >more "meds" that might be of benifit. I know many of you have had the >same experience that I have had with GI evals - they see adhesions and >pain meds and immediately brush you off. So of course he did not >recommend surgery. Actually - it was a blessing from God that he did so >because at that point I wasn't going to do anything until I got other >opinions. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: