Adhesions

Wed Aug 23 17:49:59 2006

I can't believe there is actually a group of people that have the same problem I do. I thought I was all alone. For 3 years now I have been battleing with post operative adhesions. I have had 6 abdominal surgeries. Endomitriosis, hysterectomy, Intessuseption, Bowel Obstruction and numerous other problem...every 4-6 weeks I am back in the hospital with a NG tube in my nose and IV pain meds. I hate it and I am soooo depressed. I keep getting partial bowel obstuction, sometimes complete bowel obstructions. I am in constant pain, I have a Morphine Patch and as much Dilaudid by mouth I can tolderate. I am constantly sick to my stomach and in and out of the hospital. I think some of my family think I actually like the hospital. Sometimes I wish I had cancer, at least they could possibly fix me. I am at my wits end. I thought I was the only person in the world with this problem! ER docs just look at me like I "There is nothing we can do, what drugs should we give you?" Surgeons have come to my hospital room and said "we somt take the risk of surgery to remove your adhesions, they will just come back." Does anyone know of a surgeon in California that will help me? I cannot live like this. Please help me I am desperate. I have other medical problems and have a port-a-cath in my chest for sideroblastic anemia and my veins are shot. Please help me.

Thank you, Deidre

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: