Re: Adhesions associated with lower back pain??

Wed Oct 11 22:08:49 2006

I have had the same problems. Last year when my adhesion problems started, the CT scan showed nothing except an abnormal mass near my ovary - so, they assumed it was an ovarian cyst. They figured this was also why I was having lower back pain. The only way to really tell with adhesions is to do surgery, I think...when they went in to do laproscopic surgery for the "cyst", I had so many adhesions the doctor could not even see my ovary.

My GI doctor recognizes my symptoms now (he did after the 1st surgery didn't work, anyway) and says I have "adhesion disease." I actually just went to see him today and told him about my lower back pain which he says should have nothing to do with it. But I definitely think my lower back pain along with my abdominal pain is caused by my adhesions. I had surgery specifically to remove adhesions a year ago...and it helped a lot. But my problems have recently come back. Surgery can help for a little while if you have been suffering for a long time and there is no improvement, but I'm trying to wait it out for now because if I have surgery every time, I'm pretty sure I'll be having it once a year!

I also have trouble with bowel movements & feeling bloated. I don't take laxatives because I have other intestinal problems, but it is much more difficult to have bowel movements and my stomach pokes out. I am extremely uncomfortable in any kind of fitted pants - wearing fitted (not even really tight, just fitted in the waist) jeans all day seems to make it a lot worse.

If you would like to talk any more, e-mail me. I've never met anyone else with adhesions and my same problems except my sister!

At Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Scheri wrote: >
>Does anyone suffer from lower back pain with their adhesions? I'm also
>having bowel problems but CT scan came back normal. I am relying on
>laxatives for bowel movements and I am bloated every day. I would
>appreciate any suggestions. Doctor sent me for CT scan and when it came
>back normal, I heard nothing about my symptoms. Please give advice.
>
>--
>Scheri
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: