lapraoscopy or lapraotomy which one is better?

Mon Oct 16 14:24:19 2006

@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Diena LoBianco Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 8:19 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: lapraoscopy or lapraotomy which one is better?

Hi, Melissa I will be having surgery in November to remove my adhesions (again).  Both my obgyn and my assisting surgeon have decided not to preform my surgery by laparoscopy.  My adhesions are too extensive.  I don't know what a lapraotomy is.  My intestines are covered by my adhesions causing bowel obstructions.  My vagina is full of adhesions (endo and 4 c-sections).  I know that my surgery will not be a cure but I just want to buy myself some time until the "spraygel" is FDA approved here in the states.  Unfortunately, I cannot afford to travel to Germany or the Camyan Islands to have a successful surgery with "spraygel".  I have found that I am on the 3 year plan.  Every 3 years I am hospitalized with an obstruction, have an NG tube shoved up my nose and more intestines removed.  Last time was 2 1/2 years ago and I was  in the hospital for 6 weeks and had 2 surgeries for 2 different obstructions.  Good luck to you!!!   Diena

"IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: tabmelis@cox.net (Melissa) Subject: lapraoscopy or lapraotomy which one is better?

I am scheduled in a few weeks for my 7th lapraoscopy in 6 years. I also have had 3 larpraotomies. These all been for adhesions and Endometriosis. The last time my Dr. said that the adhesions were so dense that he could not clean them up very well doing a lapraoscopy and needed to do the other. My new Dr. feels that she can do a pretty good job doing the less invasive procedure but what is anyone elses experience. I have been in such pain and nausea for the last 18 months that I just want some relief. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Melissa Judd

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: