>spoke to Dr. Redan back in 1999 on the telephone, I remember him being
>so kind and telling me I was a perfect candidate for his surgery. At
>that time, he was in PA and NY and I had no way to get to him. Then, I
>learned he was now here in Florida.
>--
>Stacey
>

Hi Stacey,

Good luck with your surgery! Please let me know how you make with Dr. Redan. Sarah gave me his name & my mom contacted his office to discuss her current condition. One day later, he called & I spoke with him. I was very surprised at how fast he called back. He seemed very nice to talk to on the phone. He advised that she should definitely not have another laparotomy done. He said he would be happy to review her medical records if we wanted to get them all together and send them to him with his $200 fee. We are seriously considering it. But first my mom wants to make sure that her problem is definitely adhesions because one of her surgeons suggested she have more tests to rule out other problems. He suggested that she might need to have her small bowel and/or colon removed because it is not functioning properly. He called it colonic inertia. Does anyone have this? Anyway, she is going for a small bowel series, colonic transit study where she swallows the capsules and then a test with barium paste. If all these tests come back normal, then we have to decide what the next step will be.

I'm not sure if Dr. Redan will be able to do a laporoscopy because her surgeon tried 2 yrs ago and the adhesions were too extensive. How does Dr Redan determine when he can do a laporoscopy? I forgot to ask him. Please let me know how you make out and if you would recommend him. We live near Albany, NY and would have to travel to him if he feels he can help my mom. We have lost our faith in doctors, so this is a big decision.

Hope you have a speedy recovery and are able to find some relief! Take care, Jenn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: