Help for adhesions !

Fri Oct 20 15:14:01 2006

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer Carpenter Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 10:55 AM

Subject: Re: Help for adhesions !

I am 29 years old and have had adhesions for most of my life, from unknown source.  I was at first told I have IBS, then I found out that I have PCOS (polycystic ovaries) and Infertile.  I have had 1 laprascopic surgery, a tubalplasty, and my appendix removed.  I had a cyst rupture on my right ovary and my appendix was in an awakward position so the docs couldn't see it throught an ultrasound, and will not preform a CT scan on me since I was trying to get pregnant, if it had been inflamed I would have lost part of my bowel and my right ovary.   Last year I had lost 50lbs just by cutting out pop and fried foods, and ice cream(switch to frozen yogurt). that made me feel alot better.  I have dull aches in my back and stomac still but the bowel movements are not as extreme as they once were before the weight loss, but the menstrual pain is getting worse again.  All of this is related to adhesions.  I had recently cut out most meat! and that has been the biggest change in my bowel movements and energy level.  No Turkey, No Beef, some pork (maybe once a month) and some chicken, i don't like fish, so most of my meals are Veggitarian, lots of cheese, yogurt, eggs, and legumes.  best thing of all No pain meds! Good luck to all Jen

"IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: Subject: Help for adhesions !

Dear Fellow Adhesion Sufferers:

Quickly: I had a ruptured appendix and peritonitis. Soon after I developed a serious adhesion problem. Later I developed endometriosis and more surgery: hysterectomy/lysis of adhesions.

Now that I'm getting older I've been hospitalized many times for small bowel obstructions.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: