Intestinal Pain and adhesions

Sun Oct 29 13:31:43 2006

I'm back. I've posted several times over the years and most recently with my terrible experience with Zelnorm. Thank you all for your individual replies. Short refresher: Endo for 20 years with bowel symtpoms for all 20. Multiple surgeries, with the last in Jan 02 to remove deep, fibrotic endo.

Still having what I believe to be intermittent partial bowel obstructions. I have been in severe pain for the last 2 days. Totally my fault as I simply ate too much the past week (relatively speaking, hardly what "normal people" can eat). Yesterday I went into crisis management mode, keeping my intake to fluids...you all know the drill. The pain starts from the left and goes directly across my abdomen. If you press on certain areas they are really sore. I also have pain around my kidneys and my hips were killing me yesterday. I shuffled around like an old lady. And why is my pain always so much worse when I am lying down? Does anyone else experience that??

I am really tired of these episodes. I have semi-adequate pain drugs but I hate taking them. My pain MD gave me a script for Actiq lollipops for the really bad episodes but I am too scared to use them as I live alone and if anything happens, like I pass out or something, I could be in trouble.

Anyway, with the fact that this pain could be any combination of endo and/or adhesions on both pelvic organs and bowel, I am not sure who to see for a potential surgery? Do I go to a gynecologist and a bowel surgeon or both? My recent CAT scan did not show an overt obstruction but areas of thickened bowel loops. Is that even relevant??

Today I feel like someone beat the heck out of me. Mostly just sore but the terrible pressure is better...until the next time.

Thanks so much. Thius is the only place I feel that people have a clue to what I am talking about.

--
Natalie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: