At Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Natalie wrote: >
>I'm back. I've posted several times over the years and most recently
>with my terrible experience with Zelnorm. Thank you all for your
>individual replies. Short refresher: Endo for 20 years with bowel
>symtpoms for all 20. Multiple surgeries, with the last in Jan 02 to
>remove deep, fibrotic endo.
>

Hi Natalie,

My mom is going through the same thing. She too has partial small bowel obstructions. She had endo and had a complete hysterectomy years ago. She usually goes to the hospital when she gets the obstructions. They do an xray, ct scan and give her iv fluids and pain meds. Sometimes, they recommend an ng tube but she refuses. She hates it with a passion. So far the obstructions clear up on their end, until the next time. Her doctors say that these are caused by adhesions and the surgeons refuse to operate because the adhesions will grow back. She has had a small bowel resection and 2 surgeries in 2003 & 2005 to remove adhesions. She just got out of the hosp today after this last episode. The hospitalist doctor said go to Boston or a bigger city and see if they have any experimental treatments, otherwise unfortunately she will have to deal with it for the rest of her life. She is only 52 and miserable. The docs refuse to put her on zelnorm long term because of her history of obstructions. She is on miralax, dulcolax, reglan, nexium, potassium, ultracet and phenagen. They also told her to stay on a low fat, low fiber diet to keep things moving. There are no easy answers for adhesions. My mom has been sick off an on since 2001 and it all started with surgery to remove a cyst on her ovary. I hope you get some relief soon!

Please email me if I can offer any more help or if you want to chat! Good luck to you and let me know how you make out & what the docs do for you.

Take care, Jenn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: