Surgery yesterday...

Wed Nov 15 19:26:33 2006

Hello ALL:

I had adhesion removal surgery yesterday by my long time ob/gyn. I really wanted a laparotomy because I felt she would be able to see every nook and cranny but she ended up doing an open laparoscopy. I have a belly button incision and an incision on my left side.

I am told my abdominal wall was one long adhesion. I also had adhesions that went into my vagina. This confuses me since I have had a hysterectomy and I have a cul-de-sac. Does anyone know how they could be attached to my vagina?

Right now I feel like I've been run over by a mack truck! I can't cough or clear my throat like I want to. My friend is bringing me over her abdominal belt to help give me support. I love those things!

I feel like becasue I had a laparoscopy vs a laparotomy that maybe my adhesiosn weren't so bad? Does the type of surgery matter? I do have to say that my doctor said it wasn't the worst case she has ever seen but the second worse case. I guess I just need validation.

I'm ready to go on to a new life. I want to exercise, I want to spend time with my boys and my hubby. I want to contribute to my family. I want to be a massge therapist.

Any tricks for helping my recovery over the next few days?

I am so glad to be on a board where people undersntand me and what I am going through.

Cindy

--
c-section '97, abdominal hysterctomy '03, abdominal oopherectomy '04, 6
laparoscopies,

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: