Dr. Redan

Thu Mar 15 18:48:12 2007

Hi! I am finally done with all of my adhesion problems, but I check back on this board once in a while to hopefully be able to help some of you who feel hopeless. Because of this board I found the doctor who finally helped me. I really believe it's all about finding the right doctor. As far as I'm concerned...Dr. Jay Redan is the best. I would still be confused and hearing "I don't know what it is...the tests aren't showing anything" from all my other doctors until I went to Dr. Redan. He is so worth the trip! Amazing...not only as a physician, but as a person. There IS hope...just contact the right people. Good Luck to all of you!

>From tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Sat Mar 17 17:54:30 2007
Received: from flpi102.sbcis.sbc.com (flpi102.sbcis.sbc.com [207.115.20.71]) by dns.obgyn.net (8.11.6/8.11.6/dsb-1.1) with ESMTP id l2HNrhf22882 for <adhesions@adhesions.org>; Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:54:24 -0600 X-ORBL: [69.152.212.117] Received: from Tracy (adsl-69-152-212-117.dsl.fyvlar.swbell.net [69.152.212.117]) by flpi102.sbcis.sbc.com (8.13.8 out.dk.spool/8.13.8) with ESMTP id l2HNrL9A011270 for <adhesions@adhesions.org>; Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:53:35 -0700 Reply-To: <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> From: "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "IAS Message Board" <adhesions@adhesions.org> Subject: pelvic floor reconstruction disaster Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:52:59 -0500 Organization: International Adhesions Society Message-ID: <00eb01c768ef$65b39990$4501a8c0@Tracy> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 11 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3028 Thread-Index: AcdndfATTSptEGZ8SNG8W/MZWZMSqgBeVHyA Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by dns.obgyn.net id l2HNrhf22882

On Behalf Of Diena LoBianco Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:51 PM Subject: Re: pelvic floor reconstruction disaster

I am seeing a fantastic dr. now in Manhattan.  He understands my body almost better than I do - definetly better than any other dr. ever has.  He will treat me under the condition that I never have surgery again - hopefully I don't suffer from another bowel obstruction before I am well.  He was very upset that my prior dr. left my cervix since that means that I still have endo (the pathology reports state it).  We are damned if we do and damned if we don't.  I will be seeing a special physical therapist (will let you know the results).  I will also be getting botox for my pelvic floor spasms.  I'm so sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience.  I wish you better days.  Dee From: rosemaryjablonski@comcast.net (Rose) Subject: pelvic floor reconstruction disaster

I had pelvic floor reconstruction surgery July 17, 2006. Am severely disabled as of 8 months later and am likely going to die from complications. I formed severe 3 mm wide stricture where the ends of colon were put together after they took out redundant sigmoid. I also now have obstructed outlet syndrome with puborectalis muscle scarred into the 90 degree angle (This means rectum does not open to defecate). even though i had the stricture dilated, it's not great. also have had small bowel obstructions due to scar tissue and am living on liquids. Am trying to get a surgeon to help me. DO NOT DO THIS RECONSTRUCTION. THere is too much surgery done: bowel, bladder, pelvic floor lift, ovaries, FORGET IT! If you need one thing done a lot, do that one thing and forget the rest. If I'm lucky a colostomy or ileostomy will work. I will always have the risk of small bowel obstruction. FIrst I got it from an apple, stew, and squash. I may be getting it again from eggs, potato, and toast. Also do not have a hysterectomy without saving your cervix. They took all with mine and this caused everything else to fall. That's why the pelvic floor uplift surgery. I'm only 51 and too young to die, but I may. The worst is when some docs say it's all in your head.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: