unsuccessful surgery small bowel obstruction for adhesions

Tue May 15 17:05:31 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of MICHAEL MURRAY Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 8:34 PM Subject: Re: unsuccessful surgery small bowel obstruction for adhesions

Do you suppose the intestine got "kinked?" My husband had his large intestine out and they connected the small intestine up and it had a kink in it. Or she has more adhesions. Bless her and hope they fix it soon. Km

>----- Original Message -----
From: IAS Admin (Tracy) To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 6:37 PM Subject: unsuccessful surgery small bowel obstruction for adhesions From: mvdoc@comcast.net (mvdoc) Subject: unsuccessful surgery small bowel obstruction for adhesions

My 73 year old wife had surgery 10 days ago for post-op(35 years ago TAHBSO).  The surgeons found densely adherent portion of small bowel and removed several inches and did an anastomosis.  Since then she continues to have an obstructive picture, needs an NG tube and IVs.  She will start on TPN soon.  It is now 10 days post-op.  The surgeons say she should open up soon but I am doubtful since the xrays show no improvement compared to the preop films.  Anyone have any experience with such a post-op course? What outcome should be expected.? more surgery needed?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: