Re: Past adhesions and blockage.

Mon May 21 19:07:22 2007

Jackie:

I understand completely. I have pain in the right side of my lower back that sends me to the hospital. Guess what? They can't see a thing wrong. I know the pain is there and I know it is severe.

Have you been losing weight from all the stomach problems? I know that additional surgeries can only make things worse. Unless absolutely necessary (life threatening) then I wouldn't head for surgery.

Do you have any doctor that listens to you? I am very, very lucky as I have

my family doctor who listens and prescribes the needed medication. I also have my ob/gyn who I've been with for 17 years and she knows I am not a drug

seeker. She knows what my abdomen looks like and she understand the pain.

Anyway, I'm sorry you are dealing with this. It seems a lot of us are in the same boat.

--
Cindy

>----- Original Message ----- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net> Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:15 PM Subject: Past adhesions and blockage.

> Sender: jdolphins68@yahoo.com (Jackie) > Subject: Past adhesions and blockage. > > Well I have posted several times to this website I guess each time I > have had trouble with my upper gastric area. Last June I had a blockage > which was removed. In february I had a severe bout of diverticulitis. > Now I am having more severe upper gastric pain. Some that doubles me > over but doesn't last for too long some is dull bad pains. My questions > is since my doctors don't know what to do now, what do you all think I > should do. Here is the latest updates on all my current tests: > Urine Test: positive blood, bad bladder infection. > Urine Cytology: positive blood > Blood work up normal > CT normal > Pain under left rib cage to 2-3" catycorner from my belly button and on > the right upper quad just under my rib cage. My blood tests have always > said normal, but I know that I am having this pain. They decided not to > do anything about my positive blood in urine but on several different > meds: > Synthoid for Hypothyroidism > Reglan 10 mg for moving food faster > Glumetza for Type II diabetes > Protonix for GERD > Nulev for stomach cramps > Nothing for pain at all even ibuprophin doesn't work > > so I guess my current diagnosis' are: > > Diverticula > Hoshimoto's thyroiditis > GERD > IBS > > I have had several stomach surgeries and don't want to have anymore > unless I can make sure I am going to be ok. I don't want to end up > helpless on pain meds. I am wondering if there are more tests they can > do or if I should just give in. I thought that maybe I have some sort > of Autoimmune problems that are causing all of this. When I was having > that sharp colicky pain and they gave me delauded and my stomach went > nuts but the next day I felt better, but questions all the instant > motility after given that drug. It literally hurt me bad, but then it > subsided. Now I am having that colicky pain again, similar but not the > same as when I had a blockage. So I am a little confused what this > could be or where I should go next, the doctors said they cannot help me > if they cannot see it. So now I am left like the others with constant > pain in my stomach and nobody that cares. They probably think im going > bonkers. STarting to think that myself. > > thanks for all your input. > > Jackie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: