Help!

Wed Aug 1 20:44:55 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Diena LoBianco Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:23 PM Subject: Re: Help!

Hi, Mandie You didn't say where you live.  I live on Long Island and this is my only support group.  I too suffer from abdominal and vaginal adhesions.  I just recently started seeing a new pain management dr.  My last Dr. (Dr. Kenneth Levey in NYC) was not the wonderful dr. that I thought he was.  He runs blood tests periodically on all of his patients to make sure that they are taking their narcotics (which I completely support).  He apparently ran the wrong type of blood test (not a toxicology test but a blood serum screen).  Needless to say by test results came back "normal". My urine test also came back "negative - for marijuana.  He obviously isn't doing something right and I'm just happy to not be in his care anymore. He insinuated that I was selling my meds and refused to run another test even though the hospital was right around the corner.  I had to travel 1 hr. to get to NYC (with my mother and 4 kids) to see this dr while in pain.  In the long run good things came out of my humiliating experience.  I know am seeing a wonderful female dr. that is 25 minutes away from me and she understands endo and adhesions.  I am currently taking 30mg. fo morphine 2x's a day, percacet for breakthrough pain, neurontin, an anti depressant for pain, as well as meds for my IC.  She also put me on a very strong muscle relaxer for my intestinal spasms.  I can only take that at night since it makes me sooooo sleepy.  I can almost function normally.  And of course, my new dr. ran a toxicology urine test on me which came back positive for morphine and percacet (as well as acetometaphine since I was taking 2 alleves just to get through the day after the unfortunate event at Dr. Kenneth Levey's office.  Hang in there.  If you just need some one to chat with just e-mail me directly.  Diena

"IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: mandielundy@comcast.net (Mandie) Subject: Help!

I have had 8 abdominal surgries since I was 16, I'm now 32. I was dignosed with Endo. at 16 had it since I was 12. I had 4 laporoscopies for that. I had a C-section in 2002, Hysterectomy in 2004, Had another Lap. in Nov. '06 and found many many adhesions. My bowel was stuck to vaginal cuff with very thick adheions over it. Dr. said that the adhesions were very thick and hard to cut. A month later went to ER and found that I had a intra-abdominal abcess. I had to have a Laporotmy in Dec.'06. When they got in had 3 abcess and 2 spots of the omentum dead. Jan. '07 went to ER and had another abcess. Was admited for 4 days why they did another minor surgry to drain it. Well, I now have adhesions agian worse than ever. I go atleast 5 days with no bowel movements. I'm in painmanagement now, wich does help to a point. My pain on the famos pain scale is at 9 with the pain meds. Without them it's at what I call 20 out of 10! I have lost all of my friends because of this. " I bring everyone down because I'm in pain so I say" " I just want attention" Well, no I just want someone to understand how it feels when you are in so much pain you can't get out of bed! I didn't ask for all of this, and would trade it for anything! I can't find any support groups in my area! I just need to talk with people that do understand! Thank you for leting me get this out!

--
Mandie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: