Will I ever to be able to eat normal again?

Mon Sep 3 15:13:22 2007

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Booboolrb@aol.com Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 2:07 PM Subject: Will I ever to be able to eat normal again?

I am starting to get to the point to where I don't even remember what it is like to even chew anymore!  I have a history of a ruptured ectopic, hysterectomy, 3 laparoscopies, and a laparotomy.  I have two partial bowel blockages which I was able to deal with for 3 years, but that is without eating any kind of beef, no raw veggies or fruit, no large amount of fiber and have living on Miralax.  Presently the closest thing to chew on is saltine cracker and that is very few.  I drink grape juice, Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed into Silk Soy Milk and once in a while I will drink V8 Fusion.  But it sometime causes me to get in pain.  I am scheduled for a laparoscopy this Friday to remove MORE adhesions but the doctor could not promise me that I won't end up with a open laparotomy and even a possible colostomy.  I am tired of watching everyone around me eat anything and everything and all I would love is a nice toss salad and maybe even a big juicy cheeseburger.  Does anyone else have this problem???? and if so what are you able to eat and enjoy?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: