Re: help

Mon Nov 12 07:54:08 2007

If it makes you feel any better, I was told the exact same thing three surgeries ago. They even sent in a hospital counselor to talk to me about getting therapy. When I refused and asked if I could just take the morphine drip home with me, they sent in a psychologist that went back to the doctors and expressed her opinion that I wasn't a head case, I actually needed help and I was in real pain. The doctor ordered surgery two days later, found extensive adhesions, divurticuli, and dying bowel. I've been improving with each surgery and nutrition therapy ever since and now they take me seriously.

My advice: don't take "no" for an answer and don't let anyone undermine your pain. You know your body and you know when something just doesn't seem quite right. It's the medical professional's job to help you find solutions to your pain, not to dismiss it. I have a surgeon in Houston, Texas that I highly recommend. If Houston is accessible to you, let me know and I'll send you his contact information.

My second piece of advice: Make it clear to any medical professionals that you don't want to be there, you have a life that you enjoy that you'd like to get back to as soon as your pain and medical issues are resolved. This gives you credibility and shows that you're not creating drama, you're dealing with a problem that cannot be ignored. You shouldn't have to go to this level, but I found it necessary numerous times myself to get medical professionals to take me seriously and continue looking for an explanation for my own pain.

Take care and know that you're in good company! Don't take "no" for an answer!

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of IAS Admin (Tracy) Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 5:22 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: help From: mbrill@frontiernet.net (virginia) Subject: help

Doctors just told me that I have learn to live with my pain. I can't except that. Willings to go any where for help? any suggestions?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: