More Adhesions so they say!!!

Fri Nov 30 17:45:43 2007

Well I have been this route several times. Here is my story. I have had 2 c-sections89-91, an appendectomy'86, a tubal ligation'93, a donor nephrectomy'97, since the nephrectomy ( I gave my kidney to my brother in law) i have had a Cholecystectomy'03, with a hernia repair, another hernia repair'05, then I had a blockage from the mesh they used from the hernia repair in '06, now I have had more recurrent pain in the same spot. Upper left abdominal area diagonal to the belly button and to the belly button. My pain at times is frustrating. I even work in the ER. I am wondering if my adhesions are back and I am working on another bowel obstruction, cause of my wonderful bloating and fullness of the abdomin. I have been constipated but I took laxative to fix that but still have pain. In that same spot. Sometimes more than others. Nothing shows up in my blood work or my xrays or my CT. So they all assume I am normal and nothing is wrong, my surgeon will not remove the adhesions because they only cause more, but I don't know how long I can live like this. Its been a little over two years going back and forth with the pain. I am beginning to think I need psych help...lol. But I know thats not it. I know what all of you are going thru and I just wanted to share my story and maybe get some insite as what to do next. How do I get my doctor to do the adhesion surgery and check my ileus while he is at it. OH yeah I had an ileus that lasted 6 days after my last surgery, that is one reason I think I have so much pain now.

Take care all. Jackie H WV

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: