Adhesions and small bowel obstructions

Tue Dec 18 18:23:37 2007

Hello, This is my first time to this website. I am a 28 year old female. I have been suffering with partial bowel obstructions every 6 months for the last 13 years. This last time in the hospital was only 2 months apart from the last obstruction. The Dr's said there is nothing that they can do for me. They said "when I get tired of having bowel obstructions, I can do surgery to take out the adhesions". I know that this will cause more adhesions. It is very frustrating.

Three years ago, I had to have a bowel resection. The surgeon also took out some of the adhesions while he was in there. He nicked the bowel and I ended up with peritonitis. So three surgeries later to fix the problem and 2 months in the hospital, I am still having obstructions on a regular basis.

When my life just starts to get normal, I end up back in the hospital and am taken back a few steps. I just want to be normal and keep moving forward. I am tired of being a regular at the hospital. It is bad when they know you by name, you get special treatment, they ask you "where you not just in here", or that I have driven myself to the hospital and checked myself into the ER because I was having an obstruction and no one was there to support me. I am too young for this, and have many more years to live. I can't do this for the next 40+ yrs. Help!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: