adhesions and fibromyalgia

Fri Dec 28 22:03:26 2007

Wendy,

I saw your comment on having fibromyalgia. I would love to know how you feel with it and if anyone else suffers with it also. Since the onset of my adhesions issues 17 years ago, I slowly developed all over muscle and joint pain, swelling, etc. It took years and years of tests and misdiagnoses from Lupus to MS to RA...now, 3 yrs ago, they've diagnosed me with FIBROMYALGIA. This is the only one that seems right on. I was put on Lyrica and Cymbalta. It took huge doses of both to keep the pain under control, only to increase my abdominal spasms, cause massive weight gain, all around my middle (45 lbs in less than a year) and extensive swelling in my legs and hands. It also increased my blood pressure significantly and caused lots of sweating and "hot flashes". Since about two months ago, I weaned off the meds. I'd rather deal with the pain, then all the side effects. My BP is normal again, I've already dropped over 10 lbs. but the pain in even more intense. The docs have ag reed to send me for physcial therapy a few times a week. I can't even stretch my abdomen without going into a horrific spasm. What do you experience with it? Is anyone else out there suffering with these types of symptoms with the same or other diagnosis? God Bless all of us...

Jeanne

--
Jeanne M. Surdo
Independent Consultant
Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/jeannesurdo
"Discover the Chef In You!"
Want to earn $500-1200 per month or more?
Join my team! I'd love to have you on board!
Call me, I'll tell you how!

>-------------- Original message -------------- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of > WendyEbbe3@aol.com > Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 7:56 PM > To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org > Subject: Re: Good News/Bad News > > Hi, > The more surgeries the worse the adhesions get. I too am just having major > problems since last surgery in June of 2006 they went in to remove the right > ovary due to cysts and they found my bowels attached to the abdominal wall > so they took two inches of the bowel and now I'm sicker than I was before > the surgery. Any way, as far as trying to get social security disability > the best place to start is to find an Attorney that does disability only. I > started a little over a year ago and so far I've been turned down twice and > now I'm waiting to get an Appointment to go before a > judge. > > They tell me that could take another 20 to 30 months. I'm in Minnesota and I > don't know if it matters what State you are in or not. While I'm here is > any one else having problems with fibermyalgia on top of the problems with > the adhesions? Maybe one day one of our son's or daughter's will find a > cure for us. > Thanks, > Wendy > > Original Message > From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of > Booboolrb@aol.com > Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 3:25 AM > Subject: Re: Good News/Bad News > > I too have been suffering for years and getting worse. I was just released > from U of M in Ann Arbor. The CT scans do not come back normal but the > barium study does show my bowels are functioning, even though I have to > drink Miralax 3 times a day and still have to use a suppository to get > anything moving and then it is pure liquid!! I have been told that I may > end up on disability. I am now on Oxycodon to help ease some of the > pain. (the doctors say Oxycodon is less constipating) I have lower abdominal > pain and now am experiencing upper left quadrant pain, which the doctors > think is the abdominal wall. If I do need to try for disability how and > where do I start? I have LOTS of documentation due to being in the hospital > so much. I am very nervous about all of this. It is really interfering > with my daily life, and miss a lot of work. My boss (which is an OB/GYN) > said my job is not at risk, even though I am not working right now due to > the pain and the narcotics I am on, but I never know from day to day what is > going to happen. I am presently on a full liquid diet and really afraid to > eat anything! > > I had an ectopic pregnancy which ruptured-a total hysterctomy-several > laparoscopies and the most recent was a laparotomy in 2003. Oh and also had > endometriosis. My GI doctors don't want me to have anymore surgeries, saying > more adhesions will occur. WHAT CHOICES DO PEOPLE LIKE US HAVE??? HELP >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: