>doctor and insist on another surgery or do I just continue to suffer
>until my intestine is completly blocked and have to go the the emergency
>room? I have nausea almost all the time and I am beginning to lose my
>desire to eat. It hurts just to pass gas and really hurts when I have a
>bowel movement. I stay pretty constipated even though I take a stool
>softner and eat quite a bit of fiber. I live in Amarillo TX. Does
>anyone know a doc who specializes in adhesions here in Amarillo? Please
>help.

Hi, If you were fortunate enough to have adhesions show up on your CAT, I can't imagine a surgeon NOT doing something. I would hope that your doctor would not wait for a blockage as that is the most horrible pain imaginable and will often cause you to lose some of your intestine. Even if you get a partial obstruction that can be treated without surgery, it's a traumatic ordeal. Last year, I was "spared" surgery to clear a partial obstruction. I spent 9 days in the hospital on a morphine pump with an NG tube for 7 of those days. I wasn't allowed a drop of water, let alone food and was fed by TPN only, which meant another IV. I was dehydrated to the point that my IV's kept having to be redone because my veins were collapsing. My blood pressure had to be checked all during the night since it was dropping to dangerously low levels. I can honestly say it was worse than ANY surgery or recovery time I've ever endured and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. IF you have PROOF of adhesions on a CAT scan anywhere NEAR your adhesions, you have every reason to demand a more serious handling of your case! (I will add as a side note, most doctors with experience in this area will tell you that adhesions DO NOT SHOW UP on scans...so,I might be careful of a doctor's quick admission to adhesions who is NOT prepared to follow through.)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: