Re: Adhesions / Disability.

Sat May 17 21:05:59 2008

Could you tell me more about how you got your disability approved. I'm 47 years old and have had about 15 adhesion surgeries in the past 25 years. All the doctors who have ever worked on me have said I have more adhesions than they've ever seen. I just had a laparoscopy two weeks ago for adhesions and again, the doctor said I was absolutely loaded with them.

I am lucky enough at this stage of my life to be able to work at home with two part time jobs. But when these jobs disappear (may happen in the next few years) I would never be able to hold down a real job because I can't even stand to be in pants or skirts for more than a couple hours. My insides constantly hurt and that is so even after the adhesions are removed. It has been described as visceral nerve damage due to many, many surgeries.

I live in Michigan and know to get disability takes years and a whole lot of patience. I may never need to try, but I am curious what it took to prove. We're your surgeons word enough? So many doctors believe adhesions don't cause pain, so I'm curious how you made your case successful. If your willing to share, email me back at CarynlRuzich@comcast.net.

Thank you,

--
Caryn Ruzich

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of IAS Admin (Tracy) Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 1:43 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Adhesions / Disability. From: impishnet@hotmail.com (Jan) Subject: Adhesions / Disability.

I just wanted to thank everyone who has been so caring and supportive. I just got home from my disability hearing. After waiting 2.5 years and going through 2 denials, I was approved within 5 minutes. The judge clarified an earnings question and then approved me. He'd reached his decision before the vocational expert even entered the room, in fact the expert had just sat down when the judge announced he felt more than comfortable with making an immediate judgement.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: