Severe Adhesions + Transdermal paper ??

Fri Jun 20 20:48:20 2008

I've had quite a few surgeries (appendectomy, ruptured upper & lower intestines; perforated bowel; adhesion removal #1; ovarian cyst: adhesion removal #2; blocked bowel due to adhesions which was adhesion removal #3; c-section where adhesions were wrapped around the baby causing distress and once again this caused adhesion removal #4; partial hysterectomy with adhesion removal #5; balance of hysterectomy with bowel blockage due to adhesion removal #6; adhesion removal #7 which had stopped blood flow to my bowels; and finally, adhesion removal #8 where the surgeon removed the adhesions and added transdermal paper around the area to protect them from adhesions). That was 2 years ago this July. I've been in double-over pain for about 2 months now; I'm again vomitting after most meals; my bowels are beyond irritable (they're just plain old angry!) The thought of going to emergency room after emergency room and having all these tests done that my surgeon tells them NOT to do is more painful than the physical pain. When I ask the emergency room to contact my surgeon - its always the same story - we can't do that without a diagnosis; we can't give you a diagnosis without the tests. I'm at my wits end and I'm only 45. Its becoming more and more difficult to function at work because I sit at my desk in pain with tears running down my face because there is just no relief. I don't want to have major surgery again and be out of work for another 6 weeks (my boss is wonderful as I've worked with him for 25 years and he is aware of the problems). I'm open for any suggestions and thank you!

K Zuggi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: