New here, kinda...

Thu Jul 3 16:48:28 2008

Hi all!

I'm Sandy, I saw this forum years ago and read the posts, it helped me through a very dark time, but haven't posted. Now years later I'm still having the same issues and need to have others to talk to.

I'm 30 years old, I have a 9yo daughter and a 10 yr old nephew I'm raising. I've had 10 abdominal surgeries since age 15, 8 laparoscopies and 2 laparotomies. I've had hemmhoragic corpus leuteum cysts that rupture since age 12, adhesions since age 14. I've also had a 13cm mucinouscystadenoma tumor taken off my one remaining ovary, (the other was so scarred up it had to be removed) and a foriegn body reaction to an adhesion barrier that went on for 7 1/2 months before they cut me open to find out what was wrong(I was treated like I was nuts or drug/attention seeking because they couldn't see anything on the ultrasound/ct scans during that time, even though I had an elevated white cell count and something resembling an abscess in my left pelvis, where there was no ovary..Everyone got real nice once they figured out what was wrong and how I'd been treated, but now my tummy is full of scars)

I have a compassionate doctor who handles my meds/refferals (I take narcotics, would probably be dead without them, and belive they are a personal decision that shouldn't be frowned upon. I was told that 15% of people with severe chronic pain end their own lives, not ATTEMPT to, but DO, and pain control, whatever the method, is the biggest prewvention for that, second is having caring supportive people around you.

I have been told now for years that this is permanent, that they can do adhesiolysis but the scars will likely return and probably new ones will result. I'm on SSI, and have a heck of a time finding doctors with my insurance, let alone GOOD doctors who truly care and listen.

I am interested in any info about the intergel/Germany option and whether it's in the states yet, and ANYTHING else anyone can suggest to get better, I'm not gonna give up on my life just because there isn't a quick fix yet. I am already on a heavy dose of meds, my tolerance is high after 5years on pain meds, and am still in bed for at least 1-2 hrs a day from pain.

I really appreciate any suggestions, nice to meet you all, god bless, I wish you all the best..

--
Sandy-Washington state

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: