Re: Hope in Houston?

Fri Jul 11 19:40:37 2008

Hey Laura, I live in Lake Jackson and I go to a pain Dr. in Houston. Dr. Robert Alan (he goes by Alan) Moore is his name and he has been treating me for about 5 yrs. I have had the nerve blocks and the back injections because my adhesions must be pulling on my back plus I have disk problems. Dr. Moore put a stimulator in my spine and placed to where it would work on my pelvic and abdominal area. It has worked well on the pain and plus the pain pills I take help too. The only time I have so much pain in my pelvic area is when it gets cold but shortly after that the pain is controlled. But I have alot of back pain. I have I think 2 herinated disk and I also have aging disk at 46. The stimulator is called the pacemaker for your back but he can place the leads in different places for where ever the pain is. I really like him and his wife is Pastor at some church in Houston. One problem was where the leads were placed in my spine I have adhesions there now, which causes more back pain. But you could talk to him and just see what he says. If you want more information just leave a message or email me at vetman62@comcast.net.

--
Pam from Lake Jackson, TX

At Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Laura wrote: > >Hi all, > >I'm feeling Blessed that my recent 6-month CT scan from the Oncologist >was normal again. This Dr. has been compassionate & has said that >adhesions are "very difficult" to treat, but he didn't say impossible. >He ordered an X-ray before the CT scan last month, because I was in such >pain. It showed a "mild ileus" (partial bowel obstruction due to >adhesions?), but by the time I went to the ER, they couln't find >anything, so they didn't do anything (of course!) The Oncologist's nurse >has since worked tirelessly to coordinate a possible nerve block from a >Pain Mgmt. Dr. for abdominal adhesion pain. But first, I'm going to >be in touch w/my GYN because my pelvic pain is driving me nuts at the >moment. Call me a glutton for punishment, but I also had the Mirena IUD >recently installed. The affordibility of it is what attracted me(one >office co-pay vs. monthly pill Rx's)! I need something to control my >ovarian cysts & I honestly can't handle another kid until my health >improves. Anyway, having the IUD shoved up my cervix was nothing >compared to the lightning-sharp pain I immediately experienced & still >feel on the sides of my pelvis (where it hurts when I have cysts). It >must have hit some nerves/adhesions from either my C-section, ovarian >cyst removal or appendectomy. The pain is much worse when I bend, >twist, or lie on my side at night (how I usually sleep). The nurse is >supposed to be calling me back to let me know if I need to come in >before my 4-week follow-up July 10th. Of course, I've got a Family >Reunion to go to this weekend & then my daughter's 3rd birthday in the >middle of all this! I wonder if this nerve block could treat pain from >my upper abdomen thru my pelvis (the entire area I've been "sliced & >diced"?) This may be wishful thinking! A friend told me this week to >just get the adhesions removed, as it has helped her greatly. I've also >recently tried the OTC Digestive Advantage Gas Defense probiotic. I got >it cheap at Wal-Mart & would recommend it as it has helped my pain & >bloating some. I'll be sure to let y'all know how everything goes w/the >GYN & Pain Mgmt. Dr. I'm holding out hope that I may finally get some >help. This experience has definitely been trial-by-error & I'd sure >appreciate anyone's input, advice & Dr. recommendations/resources for >adhesions in the Houston area. > >Wishing Health & Hapiness, > >-- >Laura

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: