Will this never end?

Sat Aug 30 22:50:27 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Marlene Wheeler Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 9:42 PM To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Will this never end?

Sounds like a good Idea. Keep in touch.

________________________________________ Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:54:02 -0500

--

I am in.  Let me know what to do!!!

-----Original Message----- From: carynlruzich@comcast.net To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:24 pm Subject: Re: Will this never end? I think that's a great idea!  I'll write Oprah because it's going to take a high profile celeb or show to do this disorder justice.  How about 20/20 or one those national news shows.   Until I found this site a few months ago, I really thought I was pretty much alone.  My mother had a lot of problems with adhesions from several bowel surgeries, but I thought that may just have been hereditary.    Now I know it's a much bigger issue and the number of people suffering is unacceptable.  Not only does our quality of life suck, but it hurts our loved ones, make life so much harder for us to function in the world and medicine has little to no help for us.  And I think it's time something be done about it.   So, I'll do my part and write Oprah and maybe look into ABC or NBC network news shows and write them as well.  I'll reference this support group and hopefully more of you will follow through and do the same.   When I was younger (I'm 47 now and have been suffering since my teens) the only reason I even knew anything about adhesions was because my mother suffered from them and had many surgeries just for adhesions.  But if you've never known anyone who has suffered from these horrible buggers you would think you're dying at times.  I knew all about them and I still get feeling that way when they get really bad.   So let's do!  Let's start a campaign to get this disorder recognized and who knows maybe even make change in the medical community.  I, too, have had ignorant doctors tell me adhesions don't cause pain and it was all I could do to restrain myself.  Obviously these doctors shouldn't be practicing this kind of medicine.   I am also disturbed by the medical communities laze farre attitude about adhesions.  I know for a fact that treatment for adhesions is extremely costly and not as rare as one would think.  So why doesn't medicine recognize the problem and put some research dollars into finding a way to halt their growth?  If we really want to control our medical costs, coming up with an effective adhesion treatment would save 100's of millions of dollars a year.   I'll work on a letter in the next week and if anyone is interested, I'll send them my letter.  I'm sure there's a whole lot more we can do and like Kathi said, we need to do it together to be heard.   Let me know what you think.   Caryn  

>-------------- Original message -------------- From: krdfld@aol.com I've tried writing to Oprah and Tyra to get our messaged for help out there. Maybe if we all wrote to them they'd take us seriously. Kathi

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: