You might try...

Mon Sep 1 18:28:46 2008

I am seeing an Applied Osteopath doctor. Each week he manipulates my spine and exercises my legs. I noticed the pain from the adhesions a few months after I had my apendix out. My family doctor, a DO, had a friend who was opening his practice. I find the manipulations helpful and am fortunate to have someone who is kind and understanding to work with me. My goal is not for a cure, although I'd be grateful for any thing like that. My goal is reach a place where I can tolerate the pain without pain medication. I think it's important to exercise and stay active. I try to walk everyday. That way, the blood flow to my organs is better and we're keeping the adhesions from becoming stiff. I'm not saying that very well, but I hope it makes sense.

I think I'm angriest that no one told me this was even an issue. I never heard of Adhesions before. When I signed all that paperwork before the surgery, where was the disclaimer about this? I've been made to feel that it's not real. My family and friends are understanding, but they can't see the pain, so it doesn't make sense to them. They don't get why my leg is causing such pain when the adhesion is in my abdomen. Some days I think they may be right and I'm creating drama, but the reality is, that I'm in pain.

If you live in the Indianapolis area, I can tell you about my DO. It can't hurt to check with a DO group to see what they have to offer. Most insurance will cover this. They are "real" doctors.

Thanks for this forum. I appreciate the opportunity to share.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: