Being Judged by others-Is our pain real?

Mon Sep 1 18:54:11 2008

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Christy Watson Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 1:24 AM Subject: Re: Being Judged by others-Is our pain real?

Yes I feel for you.  One dr who looked at my CT scan....I have adhesions again strangulating my colon...said "your constapated you need to take a fiber supplement."  I am in constant pain and have zero strength.

I don't show the pain most often because I trained my brain to deal with pain early in childhood... so I can walk around and look normal, but I get this dullness to my thinking, it's like there is a hollow spot in my brain where I stuff all the pain and it disrupts my thought process for everything else.  So by the time I drive the 100 miles to go to the dr, when I can hardly stand the 3 miles to church.... I feel like my IQ went from 140 down to 60... ughhhhh.

I have surgery scheduled for the 11th and my pain is getting worse.... I am up now because sleep is not going to happen till it eases up, and then I will wake up with jaw lock from clenching my teeth in my sleep.  Oh well, at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel now.

God is good ALL the time,

Christy

--- On Sun, 8/31/08, IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Subject: Being Judged by others-Is our pain real? To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 3:08 AM Sender: dmallory9111@yahoo.com (Donna) Subject: Being Judged by others-Is our pain real?

Do you ever feel as though others do not believe your pain is real? I haven't posted here for awhile & I'm sure my story is very similar to many of you here. I am getting ready for my 10th surgery. My last one was in October of 2007, I am very grateful for the last 10 months. I actually feel as though I have lead a somewhat normal life. Prior to my last surgery I had lost 30lbs & suffered numerous bowel obstructions, I have managed to gain back some of my weight and actually look like a 45 yr. old women again instead of a teenager. But the pain is back & the adhesions are growing again, this time on the opposite side of my abdomen, they are affecting my kidney function.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: